This step by step diy project is about 10×18 raised center aisle barn shed plans. I have designed this barn shed so you can store lots of tools and other items. This shed features side run in sheds, so you can have an easy access. Take a look over the rest of my woodworking plans, if you want to get more building inspiration. Remember that you need to select the site for the shed with attention and that you have to comply with a few legal regulations.
When buying the lumber, you should select the planks with great care, making sure they are straight and without any visible flaws (cracks, knots, twists, decay). Investing in cedar or other weather resistant lumber is a good idea, as it will pay off on the long run. Use a spirit level to plumb and align the components, before inserting the galvanized screws, otherwise the project won’t have a symmetrical look. If you have all the materials and tools required for the project, you could get the job done in about a day. See all my Premium Plans HERE.
Projects made from these plans
10×18 Raised Center Aisle Barn Shed Plans
[tabs tab1=”Materials” tab2=”Tools” tab3=”Time” tab4=”Related Plans”] [tab id=1]
- A – 3 pieces of 4×4 lumber – 120″ long SKIDS
- B – 2 pieces of 2×8 lumber – 120″ long, 9 pieces – 117″ long FLOOR FRAME
- C – 1 piece of 3/4″ plywood – 48″x96″ long, 1 piece – 24″x48″ long, 1 piece – 48″x72″ long, 1 piece – 48″x48″ long, 1 piece – 24″x96″ long, 1 piece – 24″x24″ long FLOOR
- D – 2 pieces of 2×4 lumber – 120″ long, 1 piece – 113″ long, 11 pieces – 86 1/2″ long 2xSIDE WALL
- E – 2 pieces of 2×4 lumber – 113″ long, 1 piece – 120″ long, 9 pieces – 19 1/2″ long BACK WALL
- F – 2 pieces of 2×4 lumber – 20 1/2″ long, 1 piece – 120″ long, 1 piece – 113″ long, 6 pieces – 19 1/2″ long, 2 pieces – 78 1/2″ long, 6 pieces – 2 1/2″ long, 2 pieces of 2×6 lumber – 75″ long FRONT WALL
- G – 4 pieces of 5/8″ T1-11 siding – 48″x93″ long, 2 pieces – 24″x93″ long, 4 piece – 48″x91 1/2″ long, 1 piece – 24″x9 1/2″ long, 1 piece – 24″x91 1/2″ long SIDING
- 3 pieces of 4×4 lumber – 10′
- 11 pieces of 2×8 lumber – 10′
- 4 pieces of 3/4″ plywood – 48″x96″
- 11 pieces of 2×4 lumber – 10′
- 40 pieces of 2×4 lumber – 8′
- 2 pieces of 2×6 lumber – 8′
- 10 pieces of 5/8″ T1-11 siding – 4’x8′
- 2 1/2″ screws, 3 1/2″ screws, 1 5/8″ screws
- 6d nails, 16d nails
- wood filler , wood glue, stain/paint
[/tab] [tab id=2]
Hammer, Tape measure, Framing square, Level
Miter saw, Drill machinery, Screwdriver, Sander
[/tab] [tab id=3]
- PART 1: 10×18 Raised Center Aisle Barn Shed Plans
- PART 2: 10×18 Raised Center Aisle Barn Shed Roof Plans
- PART 3: 10×18 Raised Center Aisle Barn Shed Doors Plans
- PART 4: 10×18 Raised Center Aisle Shed Side Storage Plans
Building a 10×18 storage shed
The first step of the project is to build the floor frame for the shed. You have to use 2×8 lumber for the joists. Cut the components at the right dimensions and then drill pilot holes through the rim joists. Insert 3 1/2″ screws to lock the joists together. Align the edges flush and make sure the corners are square.
The next step if to attach 4×4 skids to the floor frame. The wood skids will lift the floor frame from the ground for a few inches and thus, protect it from water damage. Attach the skids to the floor frame using metal connectors or by inserting screws through the frame into the skids.
Lay the 3/4″ plywood sheets to the floor frame. Cut the sheets at the right dimensions, as shown in the plans. Align the edges flush, leave no gaps between the components and then insert 1 5/8″ screws to lock them into place tightly.
Continue the project by assembling the side walls. Cut the plates and the studs from 2×4 lumber. Drill pilot holes through the plates and insert 3 1/2″ screws or 16d nails into the studs. Place the studs every 16″. Make sure the edges are flush and check if the corners are square for a neat result.
Assemble the front wall for the 10×10 storage shed using the above instructions. Make sure you leave enough space for the door opening. You can make adjustments to suit your needs. Check if the corners are square and align the edges with attention. Use 2×6 lumber for the double header. Fit a piece of 1/2″ plywood between the headers to enhance its rigidity.
Build the back wall for the shed. Cut the components from 2×4 lumber at the right dimensions and then assemble the wall frame together using 3 1/2″ screws or 16d nails.
Fit the walls to the floor frame of the storage shed and align the edges flush. Use a spirit level to plumb the walls and drill pilot holes through the bottom plates. Insert 3 1/2″ screws into the floor of the shed for a neat result. In addition, lock the adjacent walls together using 2 1/2″ screws.
Use 5/8″ T1-11 siding sheets for the exterior walls. Cut the sheets at the right dimensions and then attach them to the side walls frames. Align the edges with attention, leave no gaps between the sheets and insert 6d nails, every 8″ along the framing.
Attach the siding sheets to the front of the raised canter aisle shed. Use a saw to make the cut outs for the double door opening. Leave 1 1/2″ from the top edge of the wall frame to the sheets. Use 6d nails, every 8″ along the framing.
Fit the T1-11 siding sheets to the back wall of the shed, as well.
Make sure you take a look over PART 2, 3 and 4 of the project, so you learn how to build the roof for this storage shed, as well as the side run in sheds.
Last but not least, you need to take care of the finishing touches. Therefore, fill the holes with wood putty and then smooth the surface with 120-220 grit sandpaper. Apply a few coats of paint or stain so you enhance the look of the shed and you protect the components from decay. This small raised center aisle shed is easy to build and it really stands out, as it has an unique design but also provides a lot of storage space. You can have and easy access to the side run in sheds (hay, firewood, tools), while you can keep other items safe inside the raised aisle shed.
This woodworking project was about 10×18 raised center aisle barn shed plans free. If you want to see more outdoor plans, check out the rest of our step by step projects and follow the instructions to obtain a professional result.