DIY Wishing Well Planter
This was a time consuming project mainly due to the small cuts and careful assembly, I wouldn’t call it easy, more of a moderate project. It took me about 6 hours from beginning to end and the materials were about $40.
As you can see from the picture I haven’t painted it yet, maybe I will update the pictures when I do. I made the project from pine but hardwood might be a better option but would double the cost of the project. With the small pieces you need to be very precise and careful with assembly.
I did do a couple of things differently. The plan calls for using 1X1 for the well rod but using a 1/2″ dowel is much easier, then you just drill 1/2″ holes in the sides and handle to make the dowels fit. For the roofing I used a piece of leftover vinyl flooring, much easier and cheaper than the roofing tile option I think.
I think this project looks top notch and will make a great addition to my garden. I used a semi transparent cape cod gray stain for the trim and upper well portion and a solid mountain blue for the base and pully. I think the combo looks great.